Make Firefox 3.5 UI more Chrome like
I must say Google Chrome touched on some great stuff with their UI design. Firefox 3.5 will still be my primary browser, but more and more I use Chromium. It is fast, light, and just a pleasure to use. I did find a way to improve the Firefox 3.5 UI and make it a little more Chrome like by using the Tiny Menu Plugin and customizing the toolbars. This makes it more friendly for smaller laptop or netbook screens, but I like it even on a large monitor. Here are some instructions to get the toolbars set up this way:
- Install the Tiny Menu Plugin and restart Firefox.
- Go into the view menu option and under toolbars select “customize…”
- Drag pieces from navigation toolbar onto the menu toolbar - arrange to taste…
- Optionally replace “home” button with “bookmarks” button ( I find I almost never use the home button. )
- Go back into menu>view>toolbars and un-check the navigation and bookmarks toolbar options
[caption id=”attachment_52” align=”alignnone” width=”480” caption=”First Try”][/caption] My first try at it was pretty good, but I played around just a bit and replaced “menu” with an icon and arranged icons a little more to my taste [caption id=”attachment_53” align=”alignnone” width=”480” caption=”second try”][/caption]